We are looking for registrants to be considered for a virtual masterclass designed to prepare future champions for the conduct and use of patient-oriented research in Ontario’s health system and future mentors to others becoming involved in the conduct and use of patient-oriented research.
The virtual masterclass is supported by the Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit (OSSU) with funding from the Government of Ontario and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The design of the virtual masterclass curriculum and coordination of the faculty involved in its execution are being led by the McMaster Health Forum.
- to develop the competencies needed to support the conduct and use of patient-oriented research in Ontario
- to become familiar with the additional training and other supports available in Ontario to conduct and use patient-oriented research
- to identify ways that you, your organization and other organizations with whom you work can better support the conduct and use of patient-oriented research in the future and monitor and evaluate your efforts
Format and dates
- four virtual offerings, each 11 weeks long
- 25 February 2019 to 6 May 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 2:30pm to 3:30pm) [completed]
- 23 May 2019 to 1 August 2019 (sessions on Thursdays and Wednesdays, 12:00pm to 1:00pm) [currently underway]
- 9 September 2019 to 25 November 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 2:30pm to 3:30pm)
- 6 January 2020 to 23 March 2020 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
- all sessions will take place online using Webex
Selected registrants will receive an invitation to participate, with priority given to those who:
- have an emerging or strong interest in patient-oriented research
- have experience as one of:
- patient or family member of a patient who has received care in Ontario's health system,
- healthcare provider who participates in or uses (or would like to use) patient-oriented research in their clinical practice,
- policymaker or manager who supports (or would like to support) patient-oriented research or uses it in their decision-making, or
- researcher or research trainee who conducts (or would like to conduct) patient-oriented research
- have qualities that make them well suited to, and likely to commit to, act as champions for patient-oriented research and, when possible, to mentor others becoming involved in the conduct and use of patient-oriented research
- contribute to the diversity of the participants by virtue of the part of the province where they are from or their gender, first language, ethnocultural background, age (career stage), patient-engagement experience, and focus/interest.
You must be a resident of Ontario to be considered for participation.
- Please fill out this form and click 'Submit Form'
- For more information about the virtual masterclass, visit this page: https://www.mcmasterforum.org/learn-how/training/virtual-masterclass
- If you have any questions, contact the McMaster Health Forum at +1-905-525-9140, ext. 22121 or email us at LearnHow@mcmaster.ca